Sunday, July 8, 2012

My name is Charity and I am a Pinaholic.

Last week, before summer arrived:

It's Sunday morning and I am coming down from a major Pinning bender. That's what happens when you are left home all weekend during a relentless torrential downpour while your husband works graveyards after just having restocked the wine fridge. Anyway, I digress.

It's no secret that I am an avid 'pinner' as we Pinterest junkies like to call ourselves. Pinterest provides the most awesome opportunity to escape from the sometimes mundane life of suburban mommyhood. In fact, Pinterest actually makes me feel excited about all the beautiful little details that make up the mundane. You can get truly excited over pantry labels (Thanks, Jen) and Lego storage, for example. Maybe one day I might actually drag myself away from my laptop and glasses of crisp white and actually execute one of those Pinterest-inspired plans.

Even better, if you need an escape from your escape you can pin all about your fantasies. For me, just a few of these fantasies include having a fabulous beach cottage, a farmhouse with a barn, being a yoga goddess, living in Paris or being able to shop for clothes without spiraling into some sort of a crazy hysterical fit about questioning one's self worth (but that's another whole blog post altogether) so I just pin the gorgeous outfits instead of shopping for them. Much less stressful and I get to stay home in my jammie pants. I hope my husband appreciates how much money I have saved him by not shopping for Christian Louboutins, couture clothing and French chandeliers, acquiring multiple luxury real estate investments, or by abandoning him and the kids to go become a yogini at some stunningly beautiful retreat in Indonesia.

Not surprisingly, my daughter has taken a shining to Pinterest as well, having inherited the daydreaming gene from me. Luckily, she did not get the curse of the procrastination gene, so while she's still high from her latest pinning extravaganza, she starts begging me to take her to places like Michael's and Dollarama so she can actually attempt a Pinteresting idea. It's exhausting being around a creative and motivated child sometimes. She gets that from her father. Clearly.

I should post some inspiring photos here, but like I said, I am exhausted. Instead, why don't you check out Pinterest for yourself... if you dare.

*P.S. Sometimes I also enjoy a glass of rich red wine while pinning, or I sip coffee or tea, but never, ever soft drinks. Thought I should clear that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment